- Composite material immune to electrolysis
- Light weight (2,8 kgs less a standard folding propeller)
- Helical gearing between the blades ensures a synchronized folding mechanism
- Patented mounting system absorbs impact from the centrifugal force and allows adjustment of play in gears
- Protective cover over the gearing
- Easy replaceable build-in anodes in each blade
- Dual shock absorbers for a quiet opening of the propeller
- Special inner hub to protect the saildrive and gearbox from the propeller impact
- Mounting screws are pre-applied with Loctite for mounting above as well as underwater
- Water lubricated – no need for maintenance
Hub immune to electrolysis
A common issue for sailboat owners is electrolysis – coursed by electrical errors in the sailboat or shore power.
Today’s use of electrical equipment on sailboats increases the risk of wrong installations. Even if all installations are ok, docking in a marina with defective shore power can cause severe damage. This, as stray current easily damages the propeller – normally being the part with the best electrical connection into the water.
Our determination solving this matter has now resulted in the development of a new generation of folding propellers – the 2-blade Flexofold Composite!
The 2-blade Composite propeller for saildrive is available in diameters of 15″ to 18″ – all in a wide range of pitches.
Available for both LEFT and RIGHT turning saildrives (saildrives are generally LEFT turning, however, catamarans might use counter rotating propeller on one side).
To be fittet on Selva saildrives when using an adpater.